Share Your Good: The YJ LIVE Scholarship Program
Doing good in your community? You could get an all-access weekend pass to Yoga Journal LIVE. Share Your Yoga, our scholarship program, honors yoga teachers with limited income who teach yoga to local underserved populations.
Note: Positions for our New York Event have been filled. Thank you.
Our scholarships, funded through attendee donations matched by Yoga Journal, support low-income yoga teachers actively contributing their time and teachings to those who are truly underserved with an all-access pass to YJ LIVE.
These underserved populations include (but are not limited to):
- Homeless communities
- People of low-socio economic backgrounds
- Disabled people
- Incarcerated populations
- Veterans and veterans’ families
Some Pointers on the Application Process
Applications will be accepted through our online portal only. We’ll ask for the following information:
Essay (250 words or less): Essay topics are not limited, but you may wish to reflect how yoga has impacted your life and the lives of others, and why you are applying for the scholarship.
References: Include two (2) references. A reference can be a yoga instructor, teacher/professor, employer, or any other person who will offer additional details that will help us determine why you should be considered for the Scholarship. Ideally, at least one reference should come from someone who has seen you demonstrate your ability to teach yoga to those who cannot easily access it.
Resume: Submit your resume or brief background as a yogi. In what types of communities have you taught? Is there a particular style of yoga you are dedicated to? Let us know where you studied yoga, how long you’ve practiced, and any other interesting facts about you.
Household Income: Please do not apply for scholarship if you do not meet the following criteria. Eligibility is determined based on financial need as set forth in US Federal Guidelines at 2 1/2 times the federal poverty level. Relative to your household size, your household income cannot exceed:
1 :: $27,075
2 :: $36,425
3 :: $45,775
4 :: $55,125
5 :: $64,475
Other Important Information
- Yoga Journal will match up to 10 scholarships per event. Please note that we cannot grant scholarships to each applicant that applies.
- Scholarships can only be awarded to US residents.
- All scholarships will be for a Main Weekend pass only and are non-transferrable.
- Please be patient with our response to your application. We must review all applicants before we determine who is eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Due to the large volume of submissions received, only selected applicants will be contacted. Notification will be given, via email, two weeks after the scholarship submission deadline.
Make a Donation to the Scholarship Fund!
We welcome your donations, which help make this scholarship program possible! We’ll match up to 10 scholarships per event. Donations can be made when you register for our event on your registration form or by sending a check, payable to Yoga Journal Scholarships, to:
Yoga Journal LIVE Scholarship Program
5720 Flatiron Parkway
Boulder, CO 80301
Positions for our New York Event have been filled. Thank you.
Apply for a Yoga Journal LIVE Scholarship Here