The Yoga Journal Conference Scholarship Program
Yoga Journal is pleased to offer our scholarship program- Share your Yoga.
This scholarship program is intended for yoga teachers, with limited income, who
currently teach yoga to underserved populations within their community. This scholarship
program will be funded through donations by attendees and matched by Yoga Journal.
Scholarships are intended to support the participation of low-income Yoga teachers
who are active in contributing their unique teaching abilities to the truly underserved.
These underserved populations include (but are not limited to):
- Homeless communities
- People of low-socio economic backgrounds
- Disabled people
- Incarcerated populations
- Veteran's and veteran's families
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on-line only. We will ask for the following information:
- Essay: 250 words or less. Essay topics are not limited, but you may wish to reflect how yoga has impacted your life, and the lives of others, and why you are applying for the scholarship.
- References: Please include two (2) References. A reference can be a yoga instructor, teacher/professor, employer or any other person who will provide us with an additional sense of why you should be considered for the Share your Yoga Scholarship. Ideally, at least one reference should be from someone who has seen you demonstrate your ability to teach yoga to those who cannot easily access it.
- Resume: Please submit your resume, or brief background as a yogi. What types of communities have you taught to? Is there a particular style of yoga you are dedicated to? Let us know where you have studied yoga, how long you have practiced, and any other interesting facts about you.
- Household Income: Please do not apply for scholarship if you do not meet these criteria. Eligibility is determined based on financial need as set forth in US Federal Guidelines at 2 1/2 times the Federal Poverty level.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE:||MAX. Household Income CANNOT EXCEED:|
CLICK HERE to Apply for a Yoga Journal Conference Scholarship
Scholarship submissions must be received no later than:
July 22, 2013 for Colorado Conference (September 27-29, 2013)
September 4, 2013 for Florida Conference (November 2-3, 2013)
Other Important Information
- Yoga Journal will match up to 10 scholarships per conference. Please note that we cannot grant scholarships to each applicant that applies.
- At this time, scholarships can only be awarded to US residents.
- All scholarships will be for a Main Conference pass only.
- Please be patient with our response to your application. We must review all applicants before we determine who is eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Due to the large volume of submissions received; only selected applicants will be contacted. Notification will be given, via email, two weeks after the scholarship submission deadline.
- Scholarships will not be awarded for the 2010 Anusara Yoga Grand Gathering
Make a Donation to the Conference Scholarship Fund!
Donations can be made when you register for our conference on your conference registration form or by sending a check (payable to Yoga Journal Scholarships) to:
Yoga Journal Scholarship Program
475 Sansome Street, Suite 850, San Francisco, CA 94111
Yoga Journal will match up to 10 scholarships per conference. Your donation helps make this scholarship program possible! Thank you.
For questions about the scholarship program, email email@example.com.
Please do not call Yoga Journal with questions.
Thank you for your interest in our Scholarship Program!